Sunday, January 31, 2010

Much to write of

Okay, so I have several random thoughts that are in no way interrelated.


First off, I watched the Dollhouse series finale today.
Dollhouse has been a show that's had a very mixed quality level.  Its early episodes were rather formulaic and morally off-putting, but a select few extremely well-done and intensely gripping episodes from the first season really showed that the show had potential.  Season 2 was better than the first, and the last several episodes were very good.
The problem was that the show was abruptly cancelled toward the end of the third season, requiring the show to wrap up its story in only a few episodes.  Fortunately, it managed to do that somewhat decently, but there was definitely a "rushed" feeling, as there were many plot twists that came very very quickly.  Despite the shaky quality and believability of Dollhouse, by the end of the final episode, I felt sad to see it go.  I feel like I'm having to say goodbye to a beloved friend that I only just met.


And now for something rather deep...
Today I was thinking about the storytelling cliche where a main character (male or female) is constantly looked over and ignored by the object of his/her affection.  I started thinking (as I often do) about how many times that's happened to me personally.  But then I realized something:
That's probably how Jesus feels.
He literally died for us, and so often we can barely give him the time of day.  He loves us more than we can ever know, and yet we choose to focus our affections elsewhere. (like on pretty girls who ignore us)
So yeah, I don't have any right to complain about not being noticed when I'm just as guilty of ignorance.


In a completely unrelated story, a female friend of mine is apparently getting married.
In the past, she and I would talk about our relationship issues (or lack thereof), and we supported and trusted each other like brother and sister.
And yet, she didn't tell me that she got engaged.  Facebook did.  Two months ago.
Heck, she hasn't spoken to me since before Facebook told me that she was engaged.
Five minutes ago, Facebook informed me (through a public wall post to one of her friends) that her wedding is in early March.
Ergh. This is all highly frustrating. -_-


Lastly, there has been a serious lack of comments on Teen Justice lately, which is weird considering that I think it's gotten a lot better lately.
(hint, hint, readers)

1 comment:

  1. On the bright side, at least facebook did tell you...
    erk...

    ReplyDelete