Monday, January 4, 2010

Return

So I've been gone awhile.  Here's what happened.


I left for Green Bay, Wisconsin, on December 21st.  At that time, my MacBook's battery was already functioning at only 1/4 of its original capacity, after only a year.  As if that weren't enough, it kept randomly shutting off for no reason when it wasn't plugged in.  My charger cable was also a little in-and-out, sometimes requiring a little wiggling to get it to work.

When I got to Green Bay and plugged in my charger, it wouldn't work at all.  So I only had about a half-hour of battery power left before I was left computerless for the next week. (well, actually longer)

When I got back to Texas, I immediately made an appointment at the Apple Store to get my MacBook battery and cable fixed/replaced/whatever.  But my first appointment (for last Tuesday) was cancelled because of the snowy weather (people in Texas freak out at that stuff), so it got pushed back to FRIDAY.  Ergh.

So that's why I've not been blogging.  It's not that I didn't want to, or that I didn't have the time.  I just didn't have the [battery] power to do so.

In the meantime, I did get some pretty cool Christmas gifts.

All in all, I received:

A 250GB PlayStation 3



I totally was not expecting this one.  Well, okay, I kinda was, but still.  It's awesome.  SOOOOO much better than the Xbox 360.  It's not even funny.  It's just that good.


Batman: Arkham Asylum (the greatest game EVER)


Lots and lots of fun.  I'm proud to say that it was my first PlayStation 3 game.

The Chronicles of Narnia (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound)


I'd never actually bought all the Narnia books until now.  I was waiting for the perfect edition to come along, I think.  Now I've found it, and it's awesome. :D


$55 in iTunes gift cards


I think there was more that I forgot.  Oh well.


This was what my Christmas looked like:

The front porch:

The front entryway:

Dining room:

The view out the living room window, over the balcony and out over the frozen bay:

Odin, the most awesome white fluffy tiger/dog ever.

My cousins' cat, who didn't mind sitting in my lap as long as I pet her:

A turtle.

My cousin, Sierra

My cousin Celine (older sister of Sierra)

Sierra got an unholy amount of belts for Christmas.

This little adorable imp is Rhiannon, the youngest of my cousins.

The Wisconsin sunset, on the way back to the airport.

Seriously, the Wisconsin airport is one of the quietest places on Earth.



And that's it.  I think.

Oh, and apparently Kendra, Elisabeth, and Bree are the only ones that read my blog without having to remind them when I post.  Hmmmm.....

Before I forget, Teen Justice is starting up again.  I've got some great ideas, and they'll be up very very soon. Look for them. :)

Lastly, if anyone does happen to randomly read this blog who is (A) my friend (real-life or internet-based) and (B) not my friend on Facebook, go here and send me a request.

No comments:

Post a Comment