Monday, November 9, 2009

Intolerance, hypocrisy, and other stuff

On a forum that I frequent, this post came up:

I had to remove a couple people from Facebook. I don't care if you are a Christian or not, but if all you are going to do is quote scripture goodbye. I don't care about your politics either, and if all you are going to do is post one sided "news stories", then goodbye.

I friend people because I:

A. know them in real life
B. want to know what's going on in heir lives

not because I wanted to be preached at. F**k anybody who does that.

This is very representative of what I feel is mass hypocrisy on the part of many secular Americans.  They get offended at mere quoting of scripture (not even specifically at anyone, no less), yet call Christians "intolerant."

It's like the whole "you're so hateful, I hope you burn and die" argument.  It's hypocritical, intolerant, and ignorant.  More than that, it's hateful.  It's one thing to disagree; it's another to react viciously to the mere mention of something other than your own belief (or lack thereof).

Stupid, stupid, stupid people.
Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment