Monday, May 24, 2010

Superman: The Movies

Oh hey, so I forgot I was supposed to make daily posts now.  Whoops.

I watched Superman: The Movie (1978) and Superman Returns (2006) back-to-back today while cleaning my room.  I wasn't terribly impressed with either of them.  They both annoyed me for different reasons.

WHY can't someone actually make a GOOD Superman movie?
There've been four Superman-themed TV shows in the last twenty years, but only one movie, and it wasn't that great.  People who were kids when the 1978 film came out love that movie, but it just doesn't entirely click for me.
At the moment, I have an idea for a Superman film that I KNOW would work on-screen.  It would reintroduce the character in new iconic ways to modern audiences, while being incredibly fun.  And I know I'm not the only person with a great Superman movie idea.  It's just that no one's actually doing it.

Christopher Nolan (the guy behind Memento, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Prestige, etc.) is now producing a new Superman film, but... I doubt that it'll be anything like what I've got in my head, and entirely too far in the wrong direction for the character.  I'm hopeful, but a little worried.

My generation does not have a Superman.  I feel robbed.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully you see the obvious solution in this...

    Write your own Superman movie XD You should.

    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have star wars though, so points for us

    ReplyDelete