Sunday, April 29, 2012

I'm a mess

Over the last month or two, I've felt really horrible. I think it mostly has to do with allergies, but the fact that I'm overweight doesn't help either, I'm sure.

My allergies are the worst they've ever been in my life. Basically, my sinuses and eyes get super-sensitive. My nose runs like crazy, so I'm constantly blowing my nose into whatever absorbent paper I can find nearby. No matter where I am, I have to have tissues with me or I can barely function as a human being. Because, of course, if I can't blow my nose, then my nose gets backed up with stuff and my sinuses get agitated, making me sneeze up a storm and making my eyes water. And once my eyes water, I can't even see clearly. Everything's blurry and itchy.

If I rub my eyes at all, for any reason, they get slightly itchy, and if I don't immediately stop then they'll get extremely red, puffy, and watery. Apparently this is called allergic conjunctivitis.  Earlier tonight, I tried for a good ten minutes to let my eyes calm down after rubbing them for a bit, only to later discover that apparently, in reaction to the allergens, the water glands in my eyes had produced some sort of stringy goop stuff that was sitting under both my lower and upper eyelids and irritating them. So my eyes are apparently attacking themselves.

This morning, I woke up and felt like I could barely move. Part of this might be because my mattress is a little broken and tends to sink underneath me and make a well, but part of it, I think, is that because of my allergies, I'm not breathing right when I sleep. It's really a terrible feeling. I feel like I'm broken or something.

I glance around at my classmates during school and don't generally see them having too many problems, despite the fact that allergen levels have been really high in this area lately. So apparently this is a problem specific to me.

Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment