Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dreamt

Ever so often, Stephanie will ask me what I dreamt the night before. Usually I say that I don't remember. Last night was different. So Steph, this one's for you. You won't know who most of the people in it are, but whatever.

I dreamt that I was staying at Robert and Jenny's house overnight. There were three small white rubber pegs (like the kind you'd use to plug holes in wooden furniture) sitting on a table in a back room. They were individually demon-possessed. They would talk, and they sort of radiated evil. It was really kinda horrifying. They were waiting for two other pegs to show up, so they could form the five points of a pentagram and summon some kind of ultimate evil.

I tried to warn Robert and Jenny about this, but they wouldn't hear any of it. Thanks, guys.
So I went on a quest where Elisabeth, Daniel and I time-traveled to find a small axe that was previously used by Abraham Lincoln during his vampire-hunting days. The blade was coated in red; I imagine that was the vampire blood. Somehow, this only took around ten seconds. I think I just had to reach really hard into the time vortex with my arm to grab it or something.

Anyhow, we arrived back at the room to see all five rubber demon pegs assembled, with the pentagram fully formed. Elisabeth and Daniel helped me fight the vaguely-defined evil that was flying everywhere, and I barely managed to slam the axe into first the center of the pentagram (shattering the glass magic construct that had appeared there), then each of the five pegs, quenching them of evil.
Robert and Jenny were completely unaware any of this had happened.

Then my fellow demon-fighters and I ended up at Toys R Us, looking at Nintendo action figures. When we drove away from the store, somehow the entire world became like playing Mario Kart on the DS. So, basically, everything became tiny, and we chose Mario characters to transform into. Daniel turned into a Koopa Troopa, I turned into Yoshi, and Elisabeth turned into a sand-colored flat square thingy, Like a magic carpet made out of sand, I think. Which isn't a Mario character. But whatever. Daniel drove off in his kart towards his home; I jumped in the back of Elisabeth's kart and let her drive. I have no idea where we went, other than it being West on 820.

So that happened.

1 comment: