Friday, March 18, 2011

Wonder Woman TV Costume - NO.

(Normally I wouldn't make three posts in a single day. But this needed to be mentioned.)

This is the first photo of Adrianne Palicki as Wonder Woman in the upcoming TV pilot by David E. Kelley (the guy behind Ally McBeal). Yeah, he's making a Wonder Woman TV series. It involves Diana of Themyscira being a successful businesswoman trying to balance her work life with everything else. No, I am not making this up. It's true.


No, I am not kidding. That's real.

See, here's the thing: we've heard the argument before that Wonder Woman's traditional outfit is too revealing and ridiculous; that it's "exploitive."


I'm sorry, but that TV costume looks FAR more exploitive than the "traditional" costume. With that bright blue and red sparkly latex, she looks like a streetwalker. Heck, even the "metal" parts of the costume look like cheap plastic.
It honestly looks like a very bad joke. I can't express just how pissed I am at this. More on it later.

1 comment: