Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sword of the Spirit

Earlier tonight, I, by random chance, happened upon some old Christian videos I used to love as a kid. They were a series of productions my old church did back in the 90s. They had a pretty huge impact on me (seriously, they're the reason my favorite color is blue), but I'll get to all that later. What I wanted to mention tonight is a Bible passage that I remembered from way back then.

Hebrews 4:12:
"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."

The Amplified translation says it even better:
"For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment