Thursday, July 16, 2009

Harry Potter and the Midnight Showing


So I saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at midnight.
The movie was really good. The audience... notsomuch.

It was FILLED with teenagers. Not even the relatively intelligent ones; these were the obnoxiously annoying type. There were countless antics in the two hours I sat in the theater whilst waiting for the film to start.

One highlight of the experience was when a group of five teenagers actually performed their version of The Mysterious Ticking Noise. Even though we really couldn't hear them very well across the massive theater room, it was still a pretty great idea.

At one point, four girls started running back and forth across the theater in a feeble attempt to get everyone to do the wave. It was really pretty embarassing.

Perhaps the most annoying thing happened when the lights started to go down and the trailers started. The very first trailer was that of New Moon, the sequel to Twilight. Dear Lord. I have NEVER heard so many girls shrieking for no apparent reason. It actually made me disappointed with the intelligence of the average public-schooled female. I mean, honestly. I actually booed a couple times, and was consequently hit in the arm several times by my friend's little sister. But it was still very much worth it. :)

I'm probably not going to see the next film at midnight, for fear of repeating the same experience.

Mischief Managed.

2 comments:

  1. Lol, I *am* a teenaged girl (though not public-schooled) and I feel the same way lots of times. Although, I might have screamed for New Moon just a *little*. Haha, I used to be a big Twilight fan when I read the books back when no one had ever even heard of Stephenie Meyer. Then, everyone started going crazy, the movie wasn't that good, and I started being stereotyped as a fanpire. So, I've pretty muched stopped like the books so much. It's kind of unfortunate, really.

    *reads over comment* Okay, that was really long and had almost nothing to do with your post. Sorry!

    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. A "fanpire"? eeesh. That's harsh.
    Yeah, the squeals from these girls were more like shrieks. It was quite unsettling.

    ReplyDelete